“Help Me Understand Why”
In the Montessori Kindergarten year, the children work with extensions and advanced materials and begin to understand and integrate everything that was learned sensorial in the previous two years.
Key Benefits of Montessori Kindergarten
- The “Leadership Experience”/Social Aptitude: Child finally becomes THE class role-model and forges significant independence and self-confidence. Children look forward to this experience as they have seen other peers undergo the same.
- Understanding: Concepts from years 1-2 are reinforced and permanently internalized. Move from unconscious and sensorial learning by manipulating materials (i.e. early concept formation) into abstract and conscious application. Children become self-disciplined, motivated and excited to learn new things.
- Advanced Lessons: Many lessons and their deeper concepts are only introduced in the Kindergarten, as the child becomes developmentally ready.
- Advanced Curriculum and Learning: The Montessori curriculum is far more advanced than traditional kindergarten. Montessori children learn through independent investigation, thinking and hands-on experience, based on the child’s progression and not a set curriculum for the entire class.
- Continuation of Learning: The child can continue progressing at his/her own pace in Montessori, while in traditional setting, he/she will have to wait while peers catch-up.
- More Time Learning, Less Time Adjusting: In the traditional Kindergarten setting, the child will spend a large portion of year adjusting, which means learning (of any sort) will be minimized. He/she could instead be cementing and internalizing the concepts that will stay for the rest of his/her life.
- Stability and Peace: Montessori environments and communities are developed with these essential qualities in mind, in which the children will naturally absorb what they are learning but also will foster the joy of learning.
7:00 AM - 12:00 PM
7:00 AM - 3:00 PM
7:00 AM - 6:00 PM